As we all know that today mobile phones are as powerful as computers, the best example is that now you can use your phone for performing professional tasks like creating new office documents or editing the existing ones, composing emails, etc. So today HowToCrazy is here to tell you about some Office Apps for Android. Office applications on mobile devices provide you countless features like viewing your documents, creating powerful spreadsheets, presentations, pdf, excel sheets and editing them.
Top 5 Office Apps for Android – Office 365 for Android
It will be of great use if you’re traveling and you don’t own a laptop, as it will let you complete the uncompleted office work with help of your mobile device.
1. WPS Office – Word, Docs, PDF, Note, Slide & Sheet
It is rated as “Best Office Apps for Android Mobile” that supports all the necessary features of Microsoft Office needed in mobile. It sports a beautiful material design interface that adapts to your device’s screen size, whether a phone or tablet and comes with Writer, Spreadsheets, and Presentation, each of which has excellent Microsoft Office compatibility. When you install WPS, you can create Presentations, Excel sheets, PDFs or complex MS Word-like documents from a single interface. It is a best and free office apps for Android to download and has a nice rating of 4.5 on Play Store. We highly recommend you to try this office app for android mobile as it’s our favorite office app.
Features of WPS Office – Best Office App for Android
- All-in-one Complete Free Office Suite App.
- Free PDF Converter, PDF Reader, and PDF Editor.
- Make Presentations on-the-go.
- Easy to Use and Powerful Spreadsheets.
- Connect to Cloud Drive.
- Documents Encryption & Recovery.
- Easy to Share/Transfer Documents.
- Fully supports Multi-window mode.
- Supports 51 languages and All Office File Formats.
- Ensure Hardware Device’s Power Saving.
- Unique and Intuitive Mobile Office Experience.
2. Docs To Go Free Office Suite.
It is one of the oldest and best Android office apps for android market. Its APK size is below 6 megabytes. Docs To Go comes with a file explorer interface so that you can easily locate and open your documents. The app lets you create presentations, PDF, and XLS documents. It supports cloud and desktop syncing. It has the option to bookmark files and see the list of recently edited files.It does an excellent job of letting you do these things without too much of a setup. In the free version of the app, the users can only view the document but can’t edit them, Its paid version offers a number of features like:
- Edit, view & create Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint files & PDF file viewer.
- Google Docs support i.e., download, view & edit files from Google Docs directly in Docs To Go
- Supports password protected Word & Excel 97-2008 files.
- Desktop application for bi-directional synchronization with your device’s USB cable.
- Seamlessly move files from device to computer using the FREE desktop app.
3. Polaris Office -Word, Docs, Sheets, Slide, PDF
Polaris Office is an excellent free Android office app for Android mobile with an all-in-one feature to view, edit, share, and archive all types of documents anytime and anywhere. It is capable of editing Microsoft Office file formats (DOC/DOCX, HWP, PPT/PPTX, TEXT, XLS/XLSX) and viewing PDF files. Polaris allows users to open a document in a compressed Zip file without extracting the archive. The app is free to download and supports over 15 languages and is an excellent alternative for the other major office apps.
Features of Polaris Office
- Comes with different templates.
- Chromecast support.
- Offers Desktop client.
- Microsoft Office Compatibility.
- Can export to PDF and Memo.
- Camera mode lets you scan documents.
4. OfficeSuite – Free Office + PDF Editor & Converter
OfficeSuite is more than just an office application for android mobile. It opens all the major file types from local, and network location including cloud services and even comes with a sign-in feature that syncs with all your devices. It is compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents, and Adobe PDF files. It supports all basic Microsoft formats (DOC, DOCX, DOCM, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM) and other office formats like RTF, TXT, ZIP and more.This app is free to download but paid version allows you to convert any files to PDF and easily scans documents and images with your camera.
5. Google Drive
Google Drive is more of a service than a stand-alone-app. It has a whole suite of office apps, including a PDF Viewer, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and, of course, Google Drive. Google gives you access to all of your Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents in Google Drive. It serves as a hub. When you open any document in your Google Drive, it will automatically open the appropriate app, where you will be able to edit it. The interface of Google Drive is easy-to-use and straightforward, and the app is available for free unless you need to expand your Google Drive space. You get 100GB for $1.99 per month and plans range up to 10TB for $99.99 per month. If you want to get a free upgrade of Google Drive Storage for free, must read this article here.
Features of Google Drive
- Safely store your files and access them from anywhere.
- Search for files by name and content.
- Easily share files and folders with others.
- Quickly view your content.
- Set access levels for who can view, comment, or edit.
- Quickly access recent files.
- See file details and activity.
- Enable viewing of files offline.
- Use your device camera to scan in paper documents.
- Access pictures and videos from Google Photos.
These five are really top office apps for mobile if you want to read a document, edit it or create a new one. If you’re searching for an app to accomplish any of these operations, make sure you download any one of the apps we’ve mentioned above. We are pretty sure you will definitely like these.