Hi, did you hear about WhatsApp payment feature? That’s the topic of this article. Today, I am going to share how to send/receive money by WhatsApp using UPI. This feature is available now in India as well as the USA. So, in this article, I will tell you how can you send money to any contact on WhatsApp and how to set up WhatsApp Payments feature in WhatsApp Setting.
What is WhatsApp Payment Feature
You probably know that WhatsApp payments is available in the USA since 2017 and now available in India as well. Indian Govt denied giving permission to UPI integration in WhatsApp as security reason. So, finally, WhatsApp launched this feature in India and it will be available for users in coming days. If you didn’t get this feature after getting updated app, you must read this trick to get all features before all users.
How To Send Money via WhatsApp Payments Feature
If you want to send money to any contact, you can send but you and your friend need to set up a Bank account with WhatsApp. So, there are two steps to send/receive money via Payments feature.
Step 1: How To Set up a Bank Account in WhatsApp
- Go to WhatsApp and click on the Setting tab.
- Click on Payments option.
- Now, click on add a Bank account.
- You will get a popup and read all terms and condition and agree to all of them
- Now, time to verify your mobile number by sending a message from your mobile number which is active with WhatsApp and linked in Bank account.
- Select your bank account and create you Bank UPI.
- Done! You have created your payments setting in WhatsApp
Step 2: How To Send Money in WhatsApp Payments
- Open WhatsApp and select any personal chat.
- Now, click on attachment icon.
- Select payments option from the list. Your friend must have updated app and Bank account as well in WhatsApp Payment setting.
- Now, enter the amount that you want to send.
- Select your Bank account and complete your transaction.
- You will get a confirmation message for the transaction
If you want to receive any amount of WhatsApp payment, you don’t need to do anything. But you must have added a Bank account in WhatsApp payment Setting. You will get a notification if your friend sent any amount to you. So, sit relax and wait for notification 😛