We are firmly set in the age of convenience where consumers seek fast and easy services which must also be available via mobile such as banking, online applications and form submissions. With convenience and ease of access top of mind, digital transformation is an absolute must for any business that wants to stay ahead when it comes to digital marketing and their digital transformation.
More more companies are totally embracing digital transformation, which includes most aspects of digital technology, as there are many benefits besides increased customer satisfaction to be gained from this conversion. To fully understand all the benefits of digital transformation it’s advisable to complete a digital marketing course.
Now that we’ve entered the age of digital transformation it’s crucial that organisations are also innovative when it comes to their digital technology. For success in this sector of modern business transformation organisations have to be aware of the many digital innovation trends that are set to shape the future of digital transformation.
The application of new technologies to existing business platforms can face problems in every stage of implementation therefore it’s essential that a thorough digital marketing strategy is planned to ensure a smooth transition.
Organisations also have to be seen to be setting themselves apart from run of the mill digital transformation as ‘being digital’ is no longer enough to rise above the competition.
What does digital transformation mean for your organisation?
According to experts, innovations such as artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual reality (VR) will reshape the future of customer experience which will help brands create a personalised customer experience and unconventional self-service. Therefore, understanding where the true power lies in digital transformation for your organisation is key to the success of your digital transformation strategy.
Research firm, Garter predicts that by 2020, customers will manage 85% of their relationship with the enterprise without interacting with a human being. So, the majority of local organisations do not realise the full potential that digital transformation can unleash across their customer service offerings as well as the power to bring their brand up to date with the latest technology trends.
Barriers to digital transformation
The biggest barriers to implementing digital transformation strategies and goals across organisations are lack of knowledge, integration into the business decision process and data integration to support as well as high deployment costs.
Fortunately, there are ways to overcome these barriers to digital transformation and therefore reach your organisation’s full digital engagement potential.
Here is a few barriers that may prevent full digital transformation:
- Lack of budget –There’s no doubt that organisations may debate the value of implementing a digital transformation strategy, which can prove to be a costly exercise when faced with overhauling legacy systems.
- Concern about change –Moving forward into the unknown technological advances can often prove difficult and can seem like a daunting process, however many of these concerns can be overcome by becoming knowledgeable about the latest technology.
- Processes challenges –There has to be a complete shift in IT management as it’s a fact that legacy system challenges are one of the biggest challenges to digital transformation.
Benefits of digital transformation
The need for business to keep up to date with the latest technological advances has become a top priority. The increased volume of mobile users, cloud services and new software means that organisations have to make the transition to achieve digital transformation. This is by no means an easy process but there are many benefits to digital transformation that will make it worthwhile.
Here are a few benefits of digital transformation:
- Improve customer service – Improving customer service will give your business the competitive edge. By effectively digitally managing your customer’s preferences your business will be better equipped to offer exactly what your clients want.
- Enhance organisational efficiency – Digital transformation automatically brings increased efficiency for your organisation. By digitally streamlining your business you will increase organisational efficiency by adding new ways to add value to your processes.
- Improve employee performance – As your business adopts new technology employees are required to make sure they update their technological digital skills.
- Increased data collection – Online data collection is essential in order to make more informed decisions. This has become easier to analyse too with the many analytic tools that are now available.