If you are media-savvy and are planning to opt for a Journalism or Mass Communication course from the top Mass Communication colleges in India, then we have got your back! Every year, over 70 to 80 lakh candidates go for media programs. After graduating with a Mass Communication degree from the top Mass Communication colleges in India students can avail themselves of lucrative job offers in the form of – Reporter, TV Correspondent, Fashion Photographer, Film Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Sound Engineer, Radio Jockey (RJ), etc.
These jobs come with new experiences, challenges, creativity, and excitement every day, which are already incorporated in the students during the course. The top mass communication colleges in India offer numerous specializations such as Journalism, Advertising, Media Studies, Cinematography, Photography, and many more. Let’s move ahead to know more about the colleges.
Top Mass Communication Colleges in India
Some of the top mass communication colleges in India are –
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) in New Delhi
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication – Pune
- Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) in Chennai
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media or IIJNM, Bangalore
- Xavier Institute of Communication – Mumbai.
Several courses like BMM, BJMC, MMC, MPhil, and Ph.D. degrees are also offered by these top Mass Communication Colleges in India. It goes without saying that getting yourself enrolled at the best colleges in India is tough. The professional media field demands a lot of hard work, excellent communication skills, dedication, and passion.
If you are wondering which Mass Media college would be best for you, then we have a solution for you. We have jotted down the top 10 Mass Communication colleges in India as per 2020 rankings. Check out the list below to know all the details about these colleges, from rankings to selection process and fee structure, etc.
Top Mass Communication Colleges in India by India Today Ranking
|Name Of The College||India Today Rankings||Admission Through||Average Annual Fees|
|Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi||1||IIMC entrance exam||INR 86,320|
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia||2||JMI Entrance Exam||INR 3,77,150|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune||3||SIMC Entrance Exam||INR 7,230|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune||4||SPPU Entrance Exam||INR 4.69,000|
|University of Hyderabad||5||University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam||INR 4,35,000|
|Manipal University, School of Communication, Udupi||6||MU-OET||INR 2,60,000|
|Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai||7||XIC-OET||INR 5,00,000|
|Christ University, Banglore||8||Christ University Entrance Test (CUET)||INR 2,50,000|
|Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media (IIJNM), Bangalore||9||IIJNM Entrance Test|
|SCM Sophia, Mumbai||10||SCM Sophia entrance exam||INR 10,990|
- IIMC Delhi has been ranked as the No. 1 mass media college in India by the India Today ranking survey. The Institute secured the first position in 2019 and maintained its position in 2020 also.
- The best improvement in rank in this list has been achieved by Savitribai Phule Pune University which was placed at 7th in 2019. But in 2020 it has secured 4th position in the top mass communication colleges in India list.
- IIIMC graduates get placed in leading media channel like Times Now, India Today, Hindu, Economic Times, ABP News, Aaj Tak, Dainik Jagran, Utkrist Media, etc
- The average placement package that can be offered to mass communication graduate students of IIMC Delhi is around INR 4,00,000.
Top Mass Communication Colleges in India by Outlook Ranking
NIRF and multiple other agencies publish these lists of top colleges of various programs every year. The list of the top colleges in India is formulated keeping in mind numerous parameters like – standard and quality of education, placements reports, faculty, facilities, employer perception. Some of the renowned ranking agencies in India include India Today, outlook, NIRF, The Week, etc.
|Name Of The College||Outlook Ranking 2019||Average Annual Fees|
|AJ Kidwai MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||1||INR 86,320|
|Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai||2||INR 3,77,150|
|University of Hyderabad||3||INR 7,230|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC), Pune||4||INR 4.69,000|
|Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media (IIJNM), Bangalore||5||INR 4,35,000|
|School of Communication, Manipal||6||INR 2,60,000|
|SCM Sophia, Mumbai||7||INR 5,00,000|
|Amity School of Communication, Noida||8||INR 2,50,000|
|Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam||9||INR 1,50,000|
|Department of Media and Communication Studies, Pune||10||INR 10,990|
- A.J.K. Mass Communication Research Centre, Delhi secured 1st position (2019) by Outlook whereas by India Today ranking it was at the 2nd position of top mass communication colleges in India list.
- The Outlook ranking has introduced some new colleges like Amity School of Communication, and Manorama School of Communication in their best Mass Communication colleges in India list.
- Some of the top recruiters of AJ Kidwai MCRC college are Times Now, ABP News, Sony Entertainment, CNN IBN, Viacom, Edelman, etc.
- AJ Kidwai MCRC mass communication graduates can bag an average salary of INR 2,20,000 per year.
- The University of Hyderabad offers the communication program at the cheapest fee structure among these top mass communication colleges in India. Students are required to pay an average annual fee of INR 38,490 at the University of Hyderabad whereas the SIMC Pune charges the highest fees – INR 4,69,000 per annum.
- Other top mass media colleges in India have annual fees that range from INR 1-5 lakhs are – A.J.K. Mass Communication Research Centre, Delhi, Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai, Christ University, Bangalore, and many more.
- Candidates who will be successful in getting their admission done in these top mass communication colleges in India will be offered handsome salary packages. An average placement package of INR 1,03,000 is offered to University of Hyderabad students, INR 4,00,000 by Xavier Institute of Communications (Mumbai), and INR 4,80,000 by SIMC), Pune.
Also, Read: What Is The AWS Certification Path?
We hope this article helped you to choose the right mass communication college for you. If financial expenditures are not an issue for you, then you can opt for any college you want. Otherwise, we have suggested affordable options also. Now, prepare for these entrance tests, and best of luck for your future!