Are you a neophyte golfer who is actively looking for golf equipment you need to play in the golf course? Aside from your gloves, shoes, and clubs, your hat can be one of the essential accessories you need to improve your play. To protect your eyes and entire face from the sun’s rays, you may buy a Boonie Hat to wear during your game. below in this article, we will cover Top 5 Things to Consider When Buying a Hat to Wear in the Golf Course.
Do you know that professional golfers wear hats to hit their balls perfectly and get a good score? Aside from this reason, golfers also use caps to see their targets and follow the flight of their shots. So if you want to improve your game, make sure to buy a comfortable hat to wear.
Styles of Golf Hats
When buying your hat, learn the different types to choose from, and pick the best that fits your personality and style. Make sure your chosen one fits your head perfectly. Here are some kinds of golf hats in the market today.
- Ball caps – These hats are the earliest ones used by professional golfers. Although they are among the most popular hats used by golfers, they may not be the most fashionable or stylish.
- Visors – This hat style consists of an adjustable band and a brim for optimal ventilation. It is because when you wear this hat, the top of your head is completely exposed. Although it provides ventilation, your scalp will be vulnerable from the effects of the sun’s UV rays.
- Bucket hats – These hats offer plenty of protection to your face and neck as they have a wrap-around downward sloping brim. They are also very comfortable to wear.
- Wide-brim hats – These stylish hats also provide plenty of shade to protect your head from direct sunlight. An example of this type is the Boonie Hat from William Murray Golf.
Features to Look for When Buying Golf Hats
There are several things to consider when purchasing a golf hat to ensure its quality, fit, and comfort. Here are some of them:
- Material – Golf hat manufacturers use different materials when making hats. Among the common materials are leather, wool, polyester, and cotton. Leather hats are stylish and durable, while cotton ones provide comfort and breathability. Hats made of polyester repel water, so they are best for sweaty players. Wool, meanwhile, is best during winter.
- Type of closure – The closure of a hat allows you to adjust its fit and ease of use. There are several types of closure, including the Velcro straps, slide buckles, plastic snaps, and brass buckles. Choose the closure that is most convenient for you.
- Ventilation – When you play golf, you are exposed to the sun for several hours. To minimize your discomfort, wear a breathable hat with lots of ventilation and maximum protection of your face and neck.
- Style – Wearing a hat that fits your personality and style increases your self-confidence and comfort.
- Size – Make sure your hat fits your head comfortably, especially if you are buying one without a fit adjustment. To do this, try the hat first before buying. If you are ordering online, use a tape measure to measure your head. Wrap it around the middle of your forehead to get the right size.
Wearing proper and comfortable attire and using the right clubs can affect your golf game positively. When buying a hat, make sure it fits your head flawlessly to boost your confidence.