Recently, WhatsApp introduced the live location sharing feature. This feature is available for both the Android phones as well as iPhones. This feature allows WhatsApp users to share their movements with their friends or family members and let them know that they are safe. With this feature, you can not only share your current live location but also let any number of users in your WhatsApp contact list to track you in real time. So, Today, I am going to tell you how can you share live location on WhatsApp to your family members or friends.
How To Send Live Location on WhatsApp for Particular Time
You can also control for how long you want to share your location. Once you stopped sharing your location the participant(s) in the chat will no longer be access to see your live location but they can still see your initial location which appears like a greyed image in the chat. The live location shared feature is end-to-end encrypted means that it is only between you and your contact with which you shared, no other person can access that information.
Steps to Send Live Location on WhatsApp:
- Open the chat with person or group you want to share your live location
- Press the pin icon in the bottom right-hand corner and select location
- Now click on “Share live location”
- Select the time for how long you like to share your location
- You can also add a comment at the bottom to identify this activity.
- Hit send.
- Your location will appear on the screen of your selected chat.8. You can also stop sharing your location by just clicking on “Stop sharing” in the chat.
Wrapping up the Article – This end-to-end feature lets you control with which you shared and for how long, in addition, you also stop sharing at any time or let the live location timer expire. This feature can be shared with individual or a group, if you are sharing in a group, all the members of the group will be able to see your location and live movement also. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it, like it and drop a comment down 🙂