Google Chrome Pinned Tabs
Today HowToCrazy is here to tell you something that will help you to organize your work in Web Browsers. We are going to tell you about Google Chrome Pinned Tabs, i.e., how to pin tabs in web browsers so that it will simplify your work and you will be able to access your desired site within a click. It makes it easier to manage multiple pages within the browser simultaneously. After reading this method, you can easily make pin tab in chrome and all other browsers.
Pinned Tabs – Keep Favorite Websites Open and Just a Click Away
“Pin Tab” feature is an important option that can help users organize their work in the browser and manage tab creep. As users open up a number of pages in the Google Chrome browser, it becomes very confusing for him to manage all the tabs. Also as we know that browsers tab opens from left to right and at the same time users also keep their most important tabs at the left, so keeping in mind, browsers have a very important feature to lock your most used tags to the left of window with shrinking size so that all important tabs get stored at a single place.
Why Pinned Tabs in Chrome Browser
As we already know that the internet is now full of websites. Popular sites like Gmail, Facebook update themselves and notify you when they’ve changed. Pinned Tabs allow you to pin any website to the left side of the Tab Strip so that it’s always available. Pinned Tabs are small and can’t be closed accidentally and open automatically when you start the browser.
How To Make A Pinned Tab?
#1 It is a very easy step. You just need to right-click on the tab you want to pin and select “Pin tab” from the menu.
#2 It will pin the tab to the left side of the screen. Try pinning your favorite sites, it is easy to create and super handy.
#3 You can also move around the pinned tabs among each other and order them how you prefer.
Difference b/w Pinned Tabs and Normal Tabs?
- Pinned Tabs are small in size as they show just the site’s icon, not its title – and they live on the left side of the Tab Strip.
- One of the other nice things about the Pin Tab feature is that you can’t close these tabs by accident since the “X” goes away once you pin them. You can close them by right-clicking on them and selecting “Close Tab” from the menu.
- Pinned Tabs notify you with a blue highlight when they change. for example, If you have set Gmail as a Pinned Tab, and you are using a different tab when a new email is received, your Gmail tab will glow.
- All the Pinned Tabs which you have set before you close Firefox will open as Pinned Tabs when you start Firefox again.
- Links to other websites open in a new tab so that your Pinned Tab doesn’t change.
How To Remove A Pinned Tab?
You just need to right-click on the Pinned Tab and select “Unpin Tab” from the menu.
This is how you can pin your favorite sites and enjoy them within a single click without having the worry of managing them simultaneously. So, when you open your browser, you will get all your pinned tabs opened without clicking anywhere. I hope you loved this trick, If you enjoyed it, don’t forget to share it with your friends.