Landscaping is the process of modifying land features such as its form, arrangement, lighting, its typical fauna, and its other physical features. It includes the supplementing factors that make a land area more pleasing and conducive for life. The final goal of landscaping is to make a significant quality increase in the affected area. Below in this article, we cover the information about Landscaping Elements and Principles.
Add Life Wherever You Want With Landscaping
Landscaping can be applied to any land area. The type of land body and the size of the area is not a problem, and land improvisation is applicable.
If you go by the status quo, aesthetics have become the most common reason why homeowners seek landscaping. A manicured front yard gives your house that fresh and sleek look that will catch the attention of your neighbors, and your home will be the talk of the town.
Charlottesville is known for the quality of booze and music that they produce. Where else could you enjoy better these things than in the comfort of your backyard? Make the experience better with beautiful scenery by having your place landscaped.
Luckily, landscaping Charlottesville is no longer an arduous task because local contractors are available.
Elements of a Landscape
- Line- Lines provide the landscape with direction. It gives clues on what, and where, to look for in the design to bring out its true beauty.
- Mass- Mass is a measure of the size of objects in the space. It is the basis of the intricacy of the designs which are incorporated into the landscape.
- Form- Form refers to the variation in the shapes of the materials in the landscape. This variation is the element that provides the difference in the designs created.
- Voids- Voids are empty spaces. Not many can recognize the importance of these spaces, yet they serve as breathers to make the design tolerable and pleasing to the eyes.
What Are The Basic Principle of Landscape Design?
The principle of landscape design is termed as POUR, which stands for Proportion, Order, Unity, and Repetition. Each principle plays a massive role in making the design elegant and satisfactory.
- Proportion- Proportion is the comparison of size and the whole landscape, up to the details and other objects which are added to the masterpiece. A perfect ratio will bring out a greater depth in the resulting output.
- Order- Order refers to the clutter-free and clean background, which is achieved only with proper balance and harmony between the materials used. This principle is used to organize everything within the landscape design.
- Unity- Unity, as the name suggests, is the sense of having every material used to form a connected masterpiece. It is determined by the type, color, and theme that the design is following. It makes the landscape more lively and harmonious.
- Repetition. This principle aims to gift familiarity and uniformity among the elements in the landscape. Some features are purposely repeated among a given space to bring out the beauty of patterns when applied to the landscape.
Changes that are made to enhance aesthetics or rebuild land ecosystems are done to bring back its integrity; this is what landscaping aims to achieve. It’s a method that is as old as human civilization, and it has continually shown its positive effects up to date.