Caps Lock on a Chromebook – Chrome books are great tools for all sorts of various work purposes, but they can also present their set of challenges specifically in regard to their Keyboard layouts.
Chrome is a Linux-based OS that is running on a Laptop or Tablet as its Operating System. These are used to perform a variety of tasks using the google chrome Browser, with most applications and data residing in the cloud rather than on the machine itself.
What is a CAPS lock?
Caps lock is a button on a keyboard that changes all letters of bicameral scripts into capital letters. It is a Toggle Key. Some Keyboards also Implement a light, to give visual feedback whether it is On or Off. Caps Lock Depends on the Keyboard hardware, The OS, the Device Driver, and the Keyboard Layout. Whenever the key gets engaged the shift keys may be used to type Lower case letters on many OS but not on macOS.
How to Turn on Caps lock on a Chromebook
A chrome book is a good choice for a student that is primarily using the computer for web browsing, word processing, or streaming Video and Audio. A Chromebook is also a hard device to break.
The storage is not a problem if Google focused Students can store their files with a drive. Some can run in Linux app also.
How to Make Turn-On Caps lock on Chromebook
- If you are making the switch from a PC or Mac to a Chromebook, you will notice the caps lock key has been replaced by a search key, identified by a magnifying glass icon.
- Press AltKey + Search key together to Turn On the Caps Lock on Chrome Book. By pressing the Alt+ search key together you get a notification as the Caps lock is Turned On.
- To Turn Off the Caps lock also same Press Alt+ Search Key.
Another/Alternative method to Turn On Caps Lock on Chromebook?
- Change the Keyboard Settings For Caps Lock.
- Turn On Caps lock through Menu Bar.
Turn On caps Lock Through Menu Bar.
You can Turn Off caps lock through the menu bar by pressing Shift, or you can use the mouse over the time on the right side of the Menubar and to turn off click on the Caps lock is on Notification.
Change the Keyboard Setting For Caps Lock:
- You can change Keyboard shortcuts for caps lock or other Chromebook functions through the Keyboard Settings. Press Alt+Shift+s and select the Settings icon from the menu that appears.
- Next step Select devices.
- Click on Keyboard.
- Next, change your Keyboard Shortcuts as appropriate.
- For Example, you can click search, then choose the option to use the search key as a caps lock key, if that is your preference.
Pros and Cons of Chromebook
- The Chrome OS is very stable and fast.
- Chromebooks are cheaper and not Prone to Viruses
- Chromebooks have longer battery life. And basically useless offline.
- Many Chromebooks are lightweight and compact with minimal local storage.
- No video editing or Photoshop.
- No Advanced Gaming Capabilities.
On a Chromebook, you can use office programs Such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint just like on a Windows Laptop. to use this app on Chrome OS, you need a Microsoft 365 license.
The first Chromebooks for sale, by Acer Inc, and Samsung, starts began shipping on 2011, June 15. In addition to laptop models, a desktop version called a Chromebox, introduced in May 2012, and an all-in-one device called a chrome base was introduced in Jan 2014 by LG Electronics.