Establishing a connection with Wi-Fi routers has been a common problem that most users face. A brief knowledge about fixing the issue regarding routers can help keep your browsing speed stable. In such cases, Xfinity is the leading provider of Wi-Fi-based services for the last ten years. Due to some technical problems, sometimes problems like Xfinity Wi-Fi connected but no internet access is common. This post will be looking into the reason behind such issues and their solution to fix them.
The solution for Xfinity Wi-Fi connected, but no internet access can be due to the following:
1. Restart your router:
Sometimes, the problem is not actually in the device. So, Restart your Xfinity Wi-Fi router by plugging out and plugging in again.
2. Restart your cable boxes:
Sometimes the connection problem appears due to improper cabling. Fix the issue by setting it properly or restart the cable to see the changes.
3. Check billing options:
You may also face this problem if the billing options are not updated. Kindly pay the bill to resume the services.
- Check coaxial cable connection:
Check if the coaxial and equipment cable connected. Confirm if it is tightened to your equipment. The problem also arises if you put the wire in the wrong source. So, check the manual book to be sure of this issue.
- Use Xfinity pods:
The problem of connectivity is common if the area of your location is outside the Wi-Fi coverage. In such a case, you can use Xfinity pods to increase the range for getting signals. Click here to buy it from the official website.
Also, Read: How Do I Cancel My Xfinity Service
Online troubleshooting guide:
Xfinity also has an online solution for fixing connectivity issues on your device. Follow the below steps:
- Open the Xfinity website or app and login into your account. You need to do this step from another device or your phone.
- After login, you can find Overview, connect, and profile like options inside the dashboard.
- On the top of the screen, you will get an option for Wi-Fi. Click on it to see the connected device to your Wi-Fi.
- This option will show the name of your device if it is connected. Click on the option to know the details about your device’s internet health.
- After clicking on the internet health option, it will show your device details on your screen.
- If you can see options like data exchange, it means that your device is connected to the internet and ready to go.
- Refresh the page to get connected to the internet.
Fix by restarting the modem from the website:
If you don’t get any information related to data exchange inside your dashboard, then follow the below steps:
- Go to the internet service tab on your account. Select the modem and click on the restart button to boot your router from an external app.
- You will get an option to Start Troubleshooting before the reboot process begins. Clicking on this option will turn off your device and takes up to 5 minutes to restart.
- After the restart, try to reconnect your PC or laptop to Wi-Fi to see if it works or not.
Also, Read: Comcast Xfinity Internet Speed Test Tool
Other solution to the problem:
The above problem is the most common solution to resolve the issue of the Xfinity Wi-Fi connection. But, if it doesn’t work, then you can go for the below resolution:
- Check local outages: Click here to find the nearest local support. On that website, you will get the list of dealers near you and their phone numbers. You can directly contact them and request your problem.
- Online chat support: Xfinity’s website also has online chat support to resolve your device’s issue. You can contact them and give details like your Xfinity ID or subscription number to know the reason behind your problem.
- Call support: The customer care number of Xfinity differs based on locations. So, click here to get the list of working phone numbers for call support.
Wi-Fi users face problems related to connectivity. But, the company is ready to deal with users’ problems every time. The same also applies to Xfinity. The official website treats them as providing solutions to each of the issues. The above description is taken after the practical test from Xfinity’s official website to fix the Wi-Fi problem.