Future brides face tough decisions, such as picking the right dress or picking the right wedding ring. With having a limited budget for this, the choice is narrowed down. Can a bride manage to look all gorgeous, and save money at the same time? In this post, we talk about why the dresses are so expensive and how can you save money when shopping.
Why Do They Cost So Much?
Why do wedding dresses have so high prices? There are a few factors that would determine the price of your wedding dress. One of them is the fabric that the gown is made of. In order to look elegant and versatile, a dress should be made of good quality materials. Full skirt gowns require lots and lots of material, which raises the price even more. Silk is the costliest option, which can cost from $18 up to $30 per yard. Polyester satin fabric is a cheaper option that looks as elegant as the silk. Only the layers of materials can cost up to $500, and the other costs are not included here.
Another important factor is who makes the dress. Designer dresses come with staggering numbers on the tag because they are handmade. If the dress has attached other handmade details, the price goes up. On the other hand, machine-made gowns are less expensive due to the manufacturing process. But this does not mean that they will not look as gorgeous as the handmade ones. You can always get some cheap wedding dresses from online stores. This is a huge trend all over the world, as brides are looking for ways to cut down some of the costs.
Another thing that adds up to the overall price is the alterations. Dresses are very often taken for alterations so that they will have a perfect fit. Prices can be really high because there is lots of work with multiple layers, delicate fabrics, and embroidery.
How To Save Money On Your Wedding Dress
Yes, you can manage to save money and wear a stunning wedding dress. These are the tips that will help the brides with a tight budget:
- Don’t plan a formal wedding. A non-formal wedding outdoors will save you some precious money, as you won’t have to wear a luxurious gown.
- Don’t forget to get a complimentary dress for the flower girl right away, so that you will save some time. There are so many cheap flower girl dresses to choose from.
- Many brides choose the option to rent their dress. This seems like a budget-friendly option that will allow you to have the dress of your dreams. Go for this, if you don’t feel attached to the dress. After all, there will be tons of photos.
- Go for a short dress, as less material means a lower price. This will cut down on material costs that we talked about earlier.
- Buy a basic dress and do alterations in order to make it unique. You can always add nice details such as embellishment, beads, and lace.