- 1 Convert Video To Mp3: Method 1
- 2 Convert Video To Mp3: Method 2
- 3 Convert Video To Mp3 Online: Method 3
More often than not manipulation of video and audio files remains a grey area for many computer users. Despite having a plethora of tools and software at their disposal finding a fast and effective solution becomes a challenge. Thus, we here at HowToCrazy have decided to de-mystify the process through the simplest possible methods. Pre-requisites to these include having a decent internet connection and Windows 7 or above-powered PC.
Before we dive in, it’s important to clarify some doubts regarding the choice of the output format of the MP3 file that we’ll be creating from our videos.
- Bitrate: refers basically to the transfer bitrate for which the file is being encoded. Or simply put the amount of compression. Lower bitrates result in smaller file size but a general deterioration of quality. It generally varies between 64 kbps to 320 kbps. Values like 128 kbps, 256 kbps, and 320 kbps are chosen as standard with 320 kbps said to have the best quality.
- Sampling Rate: It’s the number of times the audio is sampled per second and stored. CD quality audio is sampled at 44.1 KHz. It’s recommended to keep this value fixed at 44.1 KHz.
- Audio Channels: It’s a choice between STEREO and MONO outputs. Again a choice that must be made depending on the intended application.
- Encoder: It’s a software that uses MP3 codec (compression/decompression) algorithm to create mp3 files from other sources like WAV, WMA etc. LAME Encoder is one of the popular ones used worldwide.
Convert Video To Mp3: Method 1
Among the plethora of freeware available on the internet. Probably the best and easiest to use is Freemake Video Converter. It not only has seamless video editing and converting capabilities but also acts as a video snipper and YouTube uploader.
Download a video conversion software, for this example we have used FREEMAKE VIDEO CONVERTER 4.1.4. This is a freely available software that is easy to use and small in size.
Open Freemake Video Converter and select “Video”, in the open file explorer, browse to the desired Video file and select it.
With the video file in the list, browse through the various conversion options till you find MP3.
Select MP3 Output parameters, like bitrate, format etc. Also, check the estimated file size.
Press “Convert” and wait till the process is completed. Your new MP3 file has been saved to the desired location.
Convert Video To Mp3: Method 2
Many popular media players come pre-loaded with video/audio conversion capabilities. For this example, we have used JetAudio Plus VX.
Download a Media Player with conversion capabilities, in this example, we have used JetAudio Plus. Which is a popular media player with many features as well as options that allow conversion of video and audio?
Open JetAudio and press “Convert”, then “Convert Video“. A new dialog box will appear.
In the new dialog box Press “Add Files” under the heading “Source”. A file explorer will appear, browse to the desired video file and select it.
Click on “Output settings”, here you will need to click on the drop-down menu named “File Format” and select “Audio”. Next, the menu below it, select “MP3 (MPEG1 Layer 3)”. If desired change other parameters and press “OK”
Wait for the converter to finish, your MP3 will be saved at the desired location.
Convert Video To Mp3 Online: Method 3
In this method, we will be going online to find a solution. A simple google search will yield hundreds of results but choosing among them is a pain and many are riddled with Ads or phishing attempts.
Open your favorite web browser. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (latest versions), and in the search bar type: Convert audio to MP3
Once the page loads, Click on “CHOOSE FILES” under “Upload your audio you want to convert to MP3”. Browse to the location of the desired Video file and select it.
Next, under optional settings, choose the bit-rate and other output settings of the audio file that will be created. Then click “Convert File”.
Now, wait for the browser to upload your video file. After the process is complete (may take a few minutes), you will be provided with a link to download the audio file extracted from the uploaded video. Save the audio file to the desired location.
- Top 10 Social Media Company Logos in 2018
- How to Use Technology to Beat Addiction
- Domain Registration lookup for Top 10 Countries