Google Hangouts is a messaging app, which is developed by Google. Actually, Google Hangouts is the feature of Google+. It allows conversation between two or more users. Google Hangouts can be accessed online through Gmail or Google+ websites. It also can be accessed through mobile apps available on Android and iOS.It also allows making online meetings. But sometimes you feel irritation because of someone, and you feel that you want to block them. But in real life, sometimes we can’t avoid contact with people, in Google Hangouts it can. So here we are explaining how to block/unblock someone on Google Hangouts. But before going to block someone you should how it works.
If you are going to block someone, first you have to know that you are not able to get any call or message from the person you blocked. You are also unable to make calls or messages to that person you blocked. But there is a solution you can contact them through some other messaging apps or through regular phone calls. If you block them on Hangouts it will also affect Google chat, Google Photos, and Google Voice.
You can also block someone in Google Hangouts group chat, but the person is not removed from the conversation. No one in the group will be notified that you blocked someone in the group. The person you blocked can see your messages, but you are unable to get notifications of their messages in the group. Even you block them they can involve in group text chats, but if they tried to join in video chats they will get a notification that they are blocked by someone in the group.
you can block people in the Google Hangouts app available on Android and iOS. You can also block on Google Hangouts Web.
How to Block Someone on Google Hangouts Web
- Go to hangouts.google.com. and log in by using your credentials.
- After that, you will redirect to the conversation tab. Select the person you want to block from the conversation list.
- Open the conversation of the person you want to block, there you find settings click on that.
- In the settings tab, you will find Block & report. choose Block & report.
5. Confirm your selection to block.
How to Block Someone on Google Hangouts in Mobile
It is very simple to block someone who bothers you in Google Hangouts if you’re using the Hangouts app on Android or iOS.Follow the steps below to block in mobile.
- Install Google Hangouts on your Android or iOS device.
- Sign-in by using required credentials.
- Now open the conversation tab.
- After that select more on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on people, choose whom you want to block, and tap block user
- Confirm by choosing the block option.
How to unblock someone in Google Hangouts on Web
If you block someone in Google Hangouts accidentally, don’t worry you can unblock them before they notice. Follow the steps below to unblock.
- Go to hangouts.google.com in any web browser.
- Open Menu on the top left corner, tap on settings.
- On the settings menu choose the blocked people option, there you see the list of people blocked by you.
- Then choose the person and unblock them.
How to unblock someone in Google Hangouts on Moblie
It is different in Android and iOS to unblock someone in Google Hangouts. Follow the steps below to unblock.
- Open the Hangouts app on your smartphone.
- Open the menu and then choose settings.
- Select the google account your using.
- After that, tap on the blocked contacts and find the person you want to unblock. And then tap on unblock button.
Some other steps to unblock in iOS.
- Install Hangouts application on your iOS device.
- Open the application and select the menu.
- Tap on settings and choose the blocked contacts in the settings menu.
- There you find the people you blocked. Select the person you want to unblock. Then tap More which is followed by people.
- Once again choose the person’s name and tap Unblock User.