Amazing and Interesting Facts About PayTm and It’s Founder, Vijay Shekhar
Top Hidden Facts About PayTm and Vijay Shekhar-
1) PayTm is the acronym for PAY THROUGH MOBILE.
2) Formatted in 2010 by One97 communications, headquartered in Noida.
3) PayTm Has 25 million wallets and 3 million app downloads (till Jan, 2016)
4) The conception of the idea of PayTm was by Abhishek Rajan, an employee of One97 Communications who wished to try out this payment business.The novelty of his idea along with the support and encouragement from the team led by Vijay Shekhar Sharma, has made PayTm what it is today.
5) The founder studied in a Hindi medium school and picked up English during his Engineering College.
6) PayTm receives personal investment by renowned Indian magnate RATAN TATA.
7) PayTm is the only company to have received funding from the world’s largest e-commerce company, ALIBABA with a 25% stake in it.
8) In 2012, PayTm was awarded “THE MOST INNOVATIVE STARTUP OF THE YEAR” by an event Entrepreneur India organized by Franchise India.
9) PayTm was awarded by APPLE STORE‘S BEST APP in 2014 and its CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma, THE MOST INNOVATIVE CEO by Inc. India.
10) PayTm rolled out 100 crore Advertising campaign focusing on CRICKET AND NEWS channels.
11) PayTm has adopted a remarkable marketing strategy –DELHI METRO ROUTE to reach to its potential customers. They have adopted this strategy since February 2015 and so far. PayTm is branded on the back of 1 million metro cards.
Last words – All PayTm facts are available on Google.com and if you know some more interesting facts about PayTm, please mention in comment box. We will verify and then share in this article.