An office job usually involves sitting all day confined within the walls of your air-conditioned cabin and in front of your desk from 9 in the morning till 5 in the evening. This is not as simple as it seems because it can take its toll on your health which will, in turn, affect your productivity. To ensure that both these levels are retained optimally, you will need to take proper and healthy food from time to time. Healthy And Smart Snacking Habits During Office Hours.
Office life can be very hectic and demanding most of the times. It will never show any signs of slowing down, leave alone stopping altogether. This means work will keep piling up and if you cannot deal with it properly and efficiently, you will find yourself buried under the files before the 40-hour time limit expires by the weekend. You will feel that it would have been better if the weekend came a bit later.
If you cannot manage your work properly, it will add up to nothing but a higher level of stress which in turn will force you to maintain unhealthy lifestyles and improper eating habits. You will tend to cash-in on foods that are unhealthy available largely in the in tuck shops. These unhealthy foods include:
- Biscuits and
- Fried food items.
These foods will not add anything good to your health and will add much more calories than you can expend. This means you will pile on extra kilos in and around your waist, if not your entire body to become obese in the end.
It is for this reason that businesses provide healthy snacks within the canned space of the office settings making sure that you do not binge on anything that will leave your hungry and dehydrated all the time. This way you will not have to leave your office desk frequently hampering your work and productivity.
Therefore, it is important to know about the healthy eating habits that will keep you full, that are low on calories, easy on your stomach and will not affect your productivity. Healthy And Smart Snacking Habits During Office Hours.
Inculcate healthy habits
Here are a few trade secrets on how you can eat healthy during your work hours and what Super Foods could be.
- First, you will need to cut the junk food options which are very easy to fall prey to. Usually, fried foods and chips are the most common snack items stocked in the kitchen of most of the offices for their employees. If it is hard for you to disallow these items completely, it is wise that you keep a track on these and check on the amount you take in at one time. Bingeing on junk food is one of the unhealthiest habits that one can have. Therefore, be mindful about it so that you can limit the starch content intake in your body in the form of rice, pasta, and bread too.
Also, Read: How to Use Technology to Beat Addiction
- The most foolproof way to stay healthy and eat healthy in the office is to pack home-cooked meals. This will not only save you from consuming junk but will also save a lot of money in the process. considering and comparing the amount of food and cost of making home foods as compared with those you buy from the tuck shops, you will find the cost of home food is much less and the amount is much more.
- Home-cooked food is always healthy and fresh and will satisfy your taste buds to its best. You can customize home food according to your own tastes and liking and there is no chance of food poisoning from the junk foods that are often cooked improperly.
- You must be conscious about overeating and timely eating which is why carrying home cooked food is the best. When you have the tiffin box on your desk you will know that it must be taken on time and before you go on to any other drinks or snacks. It will be in front of your eyes as a constant reminder.
- Apart from eating fresh and healthy foods in your workplace, you will also have to make sure that you stay hydrated at all times. The importance of drinking water at your workplace must not be overlooked and therefore make sure that there is a water bottle at your desk. You must take several sips before and after your meal and keep drinking water throughout the day as well. Healthy And Smart Snacking Habits During Office Hours.
- Since water has no calories it well helps you to stay fresh and energized throughout the day without adding any extra pounds to your body weight. Drinking water is especially vital for those working in air-conditioned offices. This is because you will need to keep your skin hydrated to prevent it from getting devoid of moisture due to the air conditioning. Healthy And Smart Snacking Habits During Office Hours.
Also, Read: How to pick the best Hoverboard under $100
- You must avoid cold drinks as a mean of refreshment to retain hydration because water is the best and most evergreen superfood to have in your workplace. Just as avoiding junk food is essential to reduce weight it is also important for you to avoid drinking aerated and caffeinated drinks such as sodas, packaged juices, energy drinks, and lattes. This is because these drinks contain large amounts of sugar.
- This sugar content will hamper your diet as well as your health. Therefore, avoid any extra sugar and cream in your tea and coffee. Ideally, you should resort to black coffee or green tea as a viable alternative. This will help you to cut down on your calories intake and at the same time will boost the metabolism of the body. Healthy And Smart Snacking Habits During Office Hours.
Make sure that whatever snacks you choose it is stocked at your desk larder. It will act as an added incentive to eat well and on time to stay healthy. With plenty of snacks apart from the regular biscuits and chips will prevent you from heading towards a vending machine or to the canteen or grocery store every time.
Stock a few pine nuts, almonds, flax seeds, fresh fruits, veggies, and other foods as good snacking alternatives. Healthy And Smart Snacking Habits During Office Hours.