Do you worry about carrying your vehicle documents along with you every time? Do you usually forget to carry your Aadhaar Card? Are you searching for any way to resolve these problems? If yes, you are at right place. Here, I am sharing a full detailed article about DigiLocker – An Indian Govt Initiative to store your official documents. Here is everything about Digital Locker and DigiLocker Login, so sit relax and read this article.
- 1 What is DigiLocker
- 1.1 Benefits of DigiLocker Service in India
- 1.2 How To Open DigiLocker Account – DigiLocker Login
- 1.3 How To Upload Documents in DigiLocker
- 1.4 How To Check Issued Documents on DigiLocker
- 1.5 Which Documents Issuers are Available on DigiLocker
What is DigiLocker
DigiLocker is a digital service operated by the Government of India. DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way. DigiLocker allows you to eliminate the use of physical documents. When an Indian citizen sign up for a DigiLocker account, he gets a dedicated cloud storage and this account is linked to his Aadhaar Number.
Remember – You get 1 GB Free cloud space by Indian Govt to store all your documents online.. This is 100% safe and secure.
Benefits of DigiLocker Service in India
- You can store / access your digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it to anyone.
- This process will minimize the use of papers of Government departments.
- Digital Locker makes it easier and convenient to validate and authenticate the documents as they are issued directly by thee registered issuers.
- You can sign any documents easily by using the eSign facility (digitally signed). This process is similar to self attestation.
How To Open DigiLocker Account – DigiLocker Login
- Please open this official website – https://digilocker.gov.in
- Sign up for a new account by following below steps –
- Enter Mobile Number which is linked to your Aadhaar Number.
- Very your mobile number with OTP.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number.
- Again, verify your mobile number.
- Please verify your email address by using a link which is sent to your email address.
- Your account is successfully registered with DigiLocker.
How To Upload Documents in DigiLocker
There is two methods to upload/have your documents in your account.
- Upload and get signed (manually upload and sign)
- Fetch Documents from Official Authority (Like RTO Office, Passport Office)
1. Manually Upload Documents one by one in Digital Locker
This is first option to upload your documents manually using your mobile or computer. You have to digitally sign the all documents in this method. But I don’t recommend this method to you.
2. Fetch all Documents from Official Authorities
This is best method to fetch all your govt documents from govt departments using pull & push option on Digital Locker. To fetch your documents, please follow below steps –
- Please click on this link – https://digilocker.gov.in/index.php/apps/issuers
- Choose ‘Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ and click on Pull to fetch your Driving license.
- Now choose again above option in a new tab and fill entries with your valid data.
- Now your data will be fetched and your document will be there. Please click on ‘Save Document Link in ‘Issued Docs’ to save this document in your account for future use.
- In this way, you can fetch all documents by using some information and rest will be fetched on the basis of your Aadhaar Number.
- Done! Please save all your govt documents in your Digi Locker and stay safe and secure.
How To Check Issued Documents on DigiLocker
- Please visit this link – https://digilocker.gov.in/index.php/apps/partners/
- Here, you can see all your issued documents by all govt departments.
- You can save all documents here and share with anyone anytime.
Which Documents Issuers are Available on DigiLocker
You can fetch all documents from below listed govt departments using your information and Aadhaar Number. Have a look at all available issuers on Digital Locker –
- Unique Identification Authority of India
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Moi, All states
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Pune city, Maharashtra
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas(IOCL) Moi, All states
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas(BPCL) Moi, All states
- eDistrict Uttar Pradesh Lucknow, Uttar pradesh
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas(HPCL) Moi, All states
- MP eDistrict Bhopal, Madhya pradesh
- Central Board of Secondary Education East delhi, Delhi
- Mee Seva AP Hyderabad city, Andhra pradesh
- Meeseva Telangana Hyderabad, Telangana
- Himachal Pradesh Department of Revenue Shimla, Himachal pradesh
- eDistrict Haryana Panchkula, Haryana
- CISCE South delhi, Delhi
- Kerala eDistrict Thiruvananthapuram city, Kerala
- Punjab State e Governance Society Chandigarh, Chandigarh
- eDistrict Uttarakhand Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- NIELIT New delhi, Delhi
- Bihar School Examination Board Patna, Bihar
- Directorate of Government Examinations- Tamilnadu Greater chennai, Tamil nadu
- Department of Registration & Stamps Pune city, Maharashtra
- Board of Secondary Education, AP Hyderabad city, Andhra pradesh
- eDistrict Delhi New delhi, Delhi
- eDistrict Assam Kamrup, Assam
- Board of School Education Bhiwani, Haryana
- eDistrict Odisha Bhubaneswar zone, Odisha
- CPCT-MAPIT Bhopal, Madhya pradesh
- Revenue, Registration & Land Reforms Department Ranchi, Jharkhand
- State Board of Technical Education Patna, Bihar
- National Institute of Open Schooling Gautam buddha nagar, Uttar pradesh
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Hyderabad, Telangana
- National e-Governance Division Central delhi, Delhi
- Rahuri Municipal Council Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
- Aaple Sarkar Mumbai-city, Maharashtra
Which Documents Requesters are Available on DigiLocker
- UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited Maharashtra, Navi mumbai
- NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited Maharashtra, Mumbai-city
- Rahuri Municipal Council Maharashtra, Ahmednagar
- Aaple Sarkar Maharashtra, Mumbai-city
- CDAC Mohali Punjab, Sas nagar
- Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited Haryana, Gurgaon
- National Employment Service Kerala Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram city
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited Maharashtra, Pune city
- Whatsloan.com Karnataka, Bangalore
- School of Open Learning Delhi, North delhi
- Funds Tiger Karnataka, Bangalore
- Department of IT and Communication Arunachal pradesh, Papum pare
- Nopaperforms Delhi, South delhi
- Government e-Market (GeM) Delhi, New delhi
- eSanad Delhi, New delhi
Last words about DigiLocker – So guys, this article is very important for us and you can upload any document here by DigiLocker login and I told you how to use DigiLocker in India. So I think, there is no problem in using this DigiLocker. If you have any query, please let us know by making a comment below. We will reply you asap.