Finding the perfect toilet for your bathroom may not be the most glamorous task, but it’s essential. After all, a toilet is a vital fixture people use multiple times daily. To help you navigate through the world of toilets, we’ve put together this comprehensive buying guide. From flushing mechanisms to bowl shapes, we’ve got you covered!
1. Flushing Mechanisms: The Power of a Good Flush
Starting with the heart of every toilet/ Lavatory—the flushing mechanism. There are a few different options to consider:
– Gravity-Feed: This is the most common and traditional type of flushing mechanism. It relies on gravity to create a powerful flush, clearing waste effectively. Gravity-feed toilets are usually reliable and relatively quiet.
– Pressure-Assisted: Consider a pressure-assisted lavatory if you want a more forceful flush. These lavatories use compressed air to provide an extra boost, resulting in a robust and efficient flush. They are great for households with heavy use or if you prefer a cleaner bowl after each flush.
– Dual-Flush: Opt for a dual-flush lavatory to save water and be eco-friendly. These toilets offer two flush options—one for liquid waste and a stronger one for solid waste. You can choose the appropriate flush depending on your needs, conserving water without sacrificing performance.
2. Bowl Shape: Finding Comfort in Every Sit
The shape of the lavatory bowl is an important factor to consider for comfort and space utilization. The two main options are:
– Round Bowl: Round bowls are compact and ideal for smaller bathrooms or powder rooms. They provide adequate seating space and are generally more budget-friendly.
– Elongated Bowl: If you prioritize comfort, an elongated bowl is the way to go. With its oval shape, it offers more seating area and legroom. Elongated bowls are great for larger bathrooms and are known for their comfort and modern look.
3. Height Matters: Standard or Comfort Height?
Washroom height can greatly impact your comfort, especially for those with mobility issues or back problems. Consider the following options:
– Standard Height: The standard height for toilets is around 15 inches. It’s suitable for most individuals and works well for families with children.
– Comfort Height: If you want added convenience and accessibility, opt for a comfort height toilet. With a height ranging from 17 to 19 inches, these toilets are higher than the standard ones, making them easier to use for people with mobility challenges or seniors.
4. Water Efficiency: Saving the Planet and Your Wallet
Water conservation is crucial; choosing a water-efficient washroom can significantly impact it. Look for lavatory with the WaterSense label indicating they meet EPA water efficiency standards. These toilets use less water per flush while still maintaining excellent performance.
5. Additional Features: Customise Your Throne
Restroom technology has come a long way, and now you can find lavatories with various additional features, such as:
– Soft-Close Lid: Say goodbye to slamming lavatory lids! A soft-close lid gently lowers itself, preventing any accidental noise or damage.
– Bidet Functionality: Bidet washrooms offer a hygienic and refreshing cleansing experience. With built-in bidet features, you can personalise the water temperature, pressure, and even drying options.
– Self-Cleaning Technology: Tired of scrubbing the lavatory bowl? Some toilets come with self-cleaning features that help maintain a clean and fresh bowl with minimal effort.
In conclusion, choosing the right toilet involves considering flushing mechanisms, bowl shape, height, water efficiency, and additional features. Finding a toilet that suits your needs, provides comfort, and contributes to water conservation is important. So, don’t underestimate the power of a good flush, and take your time to select the perfect throne for your bathroom!